Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Apologies...

Can it already be almost 4 months since I had Madilyn? I was just reading my other posts, and I had almost forgot those stories I wrote already! I don't even remember blogging! I must have been doing it in my sleep :) It seems like only yesterday when I had her in my arms in the hospital, yet at the same time, it seems like she's been around for so long! I feel bad that I was so socially isolated the first 2-3 months...I was scared to go to church or groups or anything. I was still getting used to breastfeeding and sleeping so irregularly was driving me nuts at times. Plus I had the whole fear that she would catch a cold from someone and get really sick, which they say can be dangerous if you are under 2 months old.
Now that she's almost 4 months old, I feel bad about not seeing some of my friends...I hope no ones feelings are hurt, and if they are, I am sorry...I'm still getting used to this whole thing and am not as "get up and go" as I used to be. I sleep in when I can and struggle to get normal things done around the baby's naps.
I also apologize to myself because I wish I had journaled more in the first few weeks. I know a lot happened, but I was to exhaused to even care to take a few minutes to jot down my thoughts and feelings about what was going on. As I look back now, it might have been fun but oh well.... maybe the second time around I'll be more diligent. I'm trying to put together a baby book and calendar right now, and there are things that I can't remember already, like what day she grasped objects for the first time, or "found her hands" (what does that mean anyway?).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a mommy who happens to be blessed with the opportunity right now to stay at home and take care of our two little girls. I love my "job" and I love my husband, my family, my good friends, and most of all God who has blessed me with all of this. I also love music (singing, playing, worshiping God through, recording, listening..you name it). I know we all have our share of trials, but I also know that there is a God bigger than all of them who promises to carry us through them. His love is unbeatable, unmatched in all the universe and is for us!